Mental health affects all of us in different ways, at one time or another. At Nabo, we care deeply for our members and don’t want anyone to struggle with these issues alone. In saying that, our neighbours are not always the best-equipped to help us when we’re dealing with depression, anxiety or other mental health issues.
If you’re struggling with mental health, please contact Beyond Blue. They are an Australian, independent and non-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety disorders and related mental disorders. They are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1300 224 636. If you are having thoughts of suicide, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
If you see a post on Nabo discussing self-harm or suicide;
- Please report the post immediately.
- If you feel comfortable, let the poster know that you are concerned. A simple ‘I hope you’re ok’ will suffice.
- Sometimes people struggling with mental health with react with anger. If this happens, we suggest blocking the user
- If you are concerned for their immediate safety or the safety of others, call 000.
If you make a post on Nabo discussing self-harm or suicide;
- We will reach out to you directly, and
- We will call the Local Area Command and ask them to conduct a welfare check on you. We take these posts very seriously and would rather over-report than under-report