Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions set out in this agreement (“Terms”), govern your access to and use of the Nabo websites and services (“Services”), and any information, text, graphics, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (“Content”).
Permission to access and use the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
You understand that the Services which Nabo provides will go through periods of development and improvement, and the form and nature of the Services may change from time to time, without notice. Furthermore, Nabo may cease (permanently or temporarily) to provide the Services (or any features within the Services) and may not be able to provide you with prior notice.
Accepting the Terms
In order to access the Services, you must agree to the Terms. If you do not accept the Terms, you may not use the Services.
You can accept the Terms by completing and submitting the website registration form.
You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if you are under thirteen years of age. We may deny account registrations we think would harm a Nabo suburb e.g. registered sex offenders.
Eligibility & Address Verification
- You must be at least 13 years old to use Nabo.
- You must use your real name and provide your current residential address when you register.
- You confirm that information provided to Nabo is current and accurate at the time of providing the information.
- Nabo may use the information provided by you as part of the registration process to verify the accuracy of that information (including contacting you using this information).
- To become a Member of Nabo we require you to authenticate your address of residence through a verification process determined by Nabo. Please refer to the ‘Help’ section for information on address verification. Should you be unable to complete address verification, you will not be eligible to be a Member.
- Nabo will take all practical steps to ensure that a Member's address is verified correctly but we are unable to guarantee complete accuracy.
- Should you login to Nabo via Facebook, you will remain bound by the terms of those services when you are using them and you provide us with the authority to copy your Facebook membership details to Nabo.
- You must not share your account password.
- You may not use your personal Member account for commercial gain (i.e. pyramid selling schemes).
- Registered sex offenders are not eligible for Nabo accounts.
- Nabo may deny account registrations that we think may harm a Nabo suburb.
- Nabo reserves the right to refuse or discontinue any Member account registration.
Third Party Marketing
We understand that by joining a Nabo website you do not necessarily want to receive third party marketing. As such, Nabo does not provide your personally identifiable information to third party marketers.
In addition: For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Nabo ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). When you publish content using parts of the Services which are available to everyone, it means that you are allowing everyone, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (e.g. your username and profile picture).
You may not provide us with any Content that you do not own or have the right to publish, or that is defamatory, infringing, illegal or otherwise wrongful.
All Content uploaded by you will be available to those persons as determined by you in your Nabo settings and can be collected and used by others.
Nabo endeavours to ensure that your Content is only available to those persons determined by your Nabo settings, however Nabo will not be held responsible should other people gain access to your Content.
Nabo cannot control who reads your Content or what others may do with the information you choose to publicise. Therefore, we encourage you to think before you post, and only talk about topics that you would be happy sharing with your neighbours.
Nabo may display property data provided by PSMA Australia Limited ACN 089 912 710. This data is provided for your personal use only and you acknowledge that you do not hold any intellectual property rights in the data. You may not reproduce the data, alter it, on-license it or produce a hard copy for non-personal use.
Content on the Services
All Content, whether posted publicly or communicated privately, is the sole responsibility of the person who created such Content. Nabo cannot regulate the Content published via the Services and whilst all reasonable efforts of moderation will be made, we cannot take responsibility for such Content.
The reliance and use of any Content or resources posted via the Services or acquired by you through the Services is at your own risk.
Nabo does not support, represent, endorse or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services.
You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that could be deemed offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been categorised incorrectly or are deceptive.
Under no circumstances will Nabo be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, or any loss or damage of any kind experienced as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
Nabo is about inclusion, belonging and looking after the people closest to you. We take care to protect the rights of all Nabo users and it’s fair to expect all members to follow the Code of Conduct and treat each other with respect.
Code of Conduct
- Use your real name, photo and address.
- Join as an individual not as a family or business.
- Be truthful particularly when recommending services, selling items or providing information.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- If you disagree, do it in a respectful way.
- Everyone deserves a chance to be part of the conversation so don’t over post.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt.
- If you wouldn’t say it to your mum then don’t post it on Nabo. This includes using profanity, personally attacking someone or anything that could be seen as discriminatory.
- Take the time to add a photo and to fill out your profile.
- Recommend local businesses but don’t self promote, campaign or spam.
- Answer questions and share relevant information.
- Help members in need.
- Give away or sell things you don’t need.
- Share information on safety issues, crime or local danger spots.
- Talk about things that matter to your local area.
- Spread the word about local events.
- Discuss community-wide issues without campaigning.
We may monitor your use of Nabo to ensure that conduct is appropriate and in accordance with the Nabo Code of Conduct. Any behaviour that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate will not be tolerated.
Inappropriate Conduct may include:
- Collecting users' content or information, or otherwise access Nabo, by automated means without permission from Nabo.
- Posting unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on Nabo.
- Unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme.
- Soliciting login information or accessing an account belonging to someone else.
- Uploading of viruses or other malicious code.
- Posting content or taking any action on Nabo that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- Bullying, intimidation or harassment of any user.
- Defamation of any individual.
- Posting content that is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence or hatred; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Offering any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") without prior written consent from Nabo.
- Using Nabo to do anything that is unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Using Nabo as a political or religious platform
- Taking any actions that could disable, burden, or impair the proper working of Nabo, such as a denial of service attack.
- Facilitating or encouraging any violations of this Statement.
- Using our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- Posting anyone's identification information or sensitive financial information on Nabo.
- Breaching another Members privacy or the security of another Members privacy or the security of another Members account.
- Any other conduct that Nabo may determine to be inappropriate.
Nabo uses search filters and other search technology to monitor content with a view to limiting inappropriate Conduct and communications. We cannot guarantee that filters will be able to detect all instances where there may be Inappropriate Conduct and Communications between Members. Members must ensure that their conduct is within the Nabo Code of Conduct guidelines.
Should you allow a third party to use your Nabo login, you understand that we will deem this to be your conduct and you will be responsible for that conduct.
In any case where Nabo determines there has been a breach of the Code of Conduct, or there has been Inappropriate Conduct, we may terminate your Nabo Membership and report this breach to the relevant law enforcement agency.
If you become aware of any breach of the Code of Conduct or members whom you know may harm a Nabo suburb, please report this to your Suburb Lead for review.
Login Information & Security
You are responsible for protecting the password that is associated with your Nabo account. Please use a “strong” password (a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Nabo cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failure of safeguarding passwords.
Use of Nabo (including posting content, communicating with others, or changing your account settings, etc.) using your Member Account will be understood to be your use. You must notify us immediately at nabo.com.au/contact-us of any unauthorised use of your username and/or password or any other breach of security
Data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Nabo.
You are responsible for upholding the confidentiality of your Login Information and are responsible for all uses of the Login Information, whether or not authorised by you. In the event that you become aware of any breach of security, including but not limited to, any loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure of the Login Information, you must notify Nabo immediately.
Email & SMS Registration
Member Accounts are automatically set up to receive email communication and mobile text messages from Nabo. We may continue to provide this information to you until you indicate otherwise. You may opt out of receiving email communication by altering the email settings contained within your profile.
SMS Urgent Alerts
Nabo’s text message alerts are not intended to replace any primary phone service, such as a traditional landline or mobile phone that may be used to contact emergency services.
SMS urgent alerts may not be delivered if your phone is in an out of service areas or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. In addition, within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the user’s wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery.
You acknowledge that SMS urgent alerts may not be received in a timely fashion and that your wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.
As a Suburb Lead, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- You will act in the best interests of the Nabo Suburb that you are the Lead of at all times;
- You will not act in any way that will discredit or damage the reputation of Nabo;
- You will abide by the Nabo Code of Conduct and ensure that you do not engage in inappropriate conduct;
- You will not agree to be interviewed in your capacity as a Nabo Lead or in any other way representing Nabo, by any media outlet (including TV, radio, print media, or other online media (including bloggers) without prior consent from Nabo;
- You understand that a Nabo Lead role is a volunteer position and you will not be receiving payment or compensation of any kind during the tenure of you Nabo Lead status;
- You will not use your position as a Nabo Lead to gain personal financial gain or reward (including employment or gain for your organisation);
- You acknowledge that Nabo has key community partners and you will conduct yourself in an appropriate manner when referring to or liaising with these partners through Nabo or on behalf of Nabo; and
- You agree that all moderated and/or removed posts must remain confidential and must not be released to the public or discussed with any other third party.
Nabo reserves the right to terminate your status as a Suburb Lead immediately in the event of any conduct by the Suburb Lead which we consider to be unacceptable, or in the event of a failure by the Suburb Lead to comply with any of these Terms.
Nabo may need to provide you with certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are part of the Services of your Nabo account, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving.
You or we may terminate this agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Nabo has the right to terminate any Member accounts, with immediate effect, in the event of any conduct by the Member which we consider to be unacceptable, or in the event of a failure by the Member to comply with any of these Terms.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers and employees harmless from any claims, actions, costs (including legal costs) or losses by us or any third party due to, or arising out of:
- Reasonable reliance by us or any third party upon any acts carried out, requests made or information provided through the use of your Member Account (including your username and/or password);
- Your breach of any of these Terms; or
- Any conduct of yours or any transaction entered into by you that does not comply with the relevant law or infringes any third party right, including intellectual property rights.
Nabo is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of the Services is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we make no assurances:
- That Nabo will meet your requirements, including fitness for purpose;
- That operation of the Services will be uninterrupted, secure or error–free;
- That monitoring of conduct of Member activity will prevent all Inappropriate Conduct;
- Regarding any Content submitted by any other Member;
- Concerning third party information - while we will not knowingly provide incorrect information we may not be able to verify all third party information on Nabo and so you should not rely on it without first making your own enquiries. We do not guarantee or endorse the accuracy of any third party information;
- That any feature of Nabo will continue to be provided;
- Concerning any site or resources made available on Nabo, including any direct links to a website not owned by Nabo. Nabo makes no representations about third party operated websites and, if you visit a linked website, you will be subject to the terms of that website and any dealing will be solely between you and that other website. These links do not imply our endorsement of that other website or product or service or any association with their operators unless this is specifically stated on the Website.
- You acknowledge and agree that Nabo is not responsible or a party to any transaction or arrangement that you choose to enter into with any third party. Any transactions or arrangements entered into by you are at your own risk.
- Where any dispute arises between you and another user of Nabo you agree in good faith to attempt to resolve the dispute amicably by informal means, before pursuing any further formal action. You acknowledge that we will not be a party to any such dispute.
The word ‘Nabo’ and the Nabo logo are trademarks of Nabo Community Pty Ltd.
Nabo does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the service is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nabo expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of use, and non-infringement.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales and will be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
Property data shown on Nabo may include data provided under licence from PSMA Australia Limited (www.psma.com.au).
While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of the data within this product, the owners of the data (including the State, Territory and Commonwealth Governments of Australia) do not make any representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and, to the extent permitted by law, the owners of the data disclaim all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damages) and costs which might be incurred as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason.
Third Party Trademarks
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Gmail and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Yahoo is a trademark of Yahoo Inc.
Outlook is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
WhitePages is a trademark of Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 30 007 423 912).
If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement may only be modified as set forth herein.
This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Nabo, and supersedes any prior agreements. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.