Nabo is an opportunity to work together to build a better, safer place for all of us to live.
There are certain organisations that support our neighbourhoods such as local government, councils, police local area commands, emergency services and other community based organisations.
Through our community partnerships program we have invited such organisations to share relevant local news and information directly with residents on Nabo with the aim of better connecting them to local residents.
It is important to remember that your Nabo suburb is still private and just for you and other residents. Councils, police, emergency services and community based organisations CANNOT:
- Access or view any information on your website (outside of their posts and any replies that may have been made).
- Read content that is shared between members.
- Access your (or any other member’s profile).
- Send an unsolicited private message to you (or any other member).
Having these local organisations communicating on Nabo means you can:
- Use Nabo as a one stop shop for communicating with local services.
- Conveniently alert relevant authorities to your concerns.
- Keep informed regarding any suspicious activity.
- Be in the know about local developments and road works.
- Engage in a two way conversation with local authorities.
- Help local organisations improve their services to you.
It’s entirely up to you if you want to communicate with these organisations. You can:
- Change your email settings to limit the email notifications you receive.
- Use the mute feature to stop seeing updates.
- Choose to reply to a post.
- Choose to send a private message.