Nabo is the private social network for neighbourhoods in Australia. Nabo is already being used in more than 8,000 neighbourhoods across Australia to help neighbours connect and get the best out of their local area.
Once you become a member of Nabo you can ask other locals for help, share recommendations, spread the word about events or discuss important issues including public safety - all from the comfort of your own home and at a time that’s convenient for you.
There are many reasons to join Nabo:
- Get to know your neighbours
- Create a support network of locals who can keep an eye on your home or pet while you're away
- Sell, loan or give away household items you no longer need from a kid's bike to a spare fridge
- Recommend and discover the best local businesses such as cafes, cleaners and tradies
- Exchange important information regarding crime in your area
- Find a trustworthy babysitter to mind the kids
- Meet people in your neighbourhood who also speak your language
- Discover the best local park for your next party or event
- Alert your local council to concerns you have regarding your suburb
- Find out what’s happening with roadworks on your street
- Organise an after school event
- Plan a street party or neighbourhood BBQ
- Share sports field updates
- Discuss local concerns and rally support for action
- Get involved in local charities or help a neighbour out
Nabo is about inclusion, belonging and looking after the people closest to you
We take care to protect the rights of all Nabo users and it’s fair to expect all members to follow the Code of Conduct and treat each other with respect. Our neighbourly guidelines ask members to:
- Be honest: Use your real name, photo and address, and be truthful when recommending services, selling items or providing information.
- Be kind: Treat everyone with respect, give people the benefit of the doubt, and ensure everyone gets to be a part of the conversation.
- Be polite: If you wouldn't say it to your mum then don't post it on Nabo. Take the time to complete your profile and add a photo.
- Be helpful: Answer questions and share relevant information, help members in need and talk about things that matter in your neighbourhood.
You might be wondering why it all began...
Not that long ago, in most Aussie neighbourhoods everyone knew their neighbours and sometimes everyone on the street.
Today we are busier than ever. Social isolation, loneliness and a lack of connection is being felt around the country.
Here at Nabo, we believe that being connected to your community, helping your neighbours and getting out and about in your local area are keys to feeling happier, safer and living healthier.
By making it easier to meet and chat with our neighbours, everyone can live an enriched and fulfilling life in their neighbourhood.
Who is behind Nabo?
Nabo is a private company owned by the Nabo team, Seven West Media, Fairfax Media, and Reinventure, an independent venture capital fund.
Nabo is based in Surry Hills, Sydney. We’re a small team of people passionate about marrying technology with community to help build relationships between neighbours across Australia.
Creating a secure, private online neighbourhood
Unlike other social networks, Nabo is specifically designed to assist residents within one suburb meaningfully connect with other locals that they otherwise may never have met.
Our aim is to create a private and secure space so you can feel comfortable sharing information with your neighbours through Nabo the same way you would in real life.
- We ask that all members use their real name when creating their account
- We ask that all members verify their address to confirm they live where they said they do
- We do not share your personal information with any advertisers or third parties nor allow you to be visible through search engines
- Your account is your own password protected space
- nabo.com.au is protected by a password and encrypted by HTTPS
- All data is stored in Australia and is protected under Australian privacy laws