Nabo is about inclusion, belonging and looking after the people closest to you. We take care to protect the rights of all Nabo users and it’s fair to expect all members to follow the Code of Conduct and treat each other with respect.
Code of Conduct
- Use your real name, photo and address.
- Join as an individual not as a family.
- Be truthful particularly when recommending services, selling items or providing information.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- If you disagree, do it in a respectful way.
- Everyone deserves a chance to be part of the conversation so don’t over post.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt.
- If you wouldn’t say it to your mum then don’t post it on Nabo. This includes using profanity, personally attacking someone or anything that could be seen as discriminatory.
- Take the time to add a photo and to fill out your profile.
- Recommend local businesses but don’t self promote, campaign or spam.
- Answer questions and share relevant information.
- Help members in need.
- Give away or sell things you don’t need.
- Share information on safety issues, crime or local danger spots.
- Talk about things that matter to your local area.
- Spread the word about local events.
We may monitor your use of Nabo to ensure that conduct is appropriate and in accordance with the Nabo Code of Conduct. Any behaviour that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate will not be tolerated.
Inappropriate Conduct may include:
- Collecting users' content or information, or otherwise access Nabo, by automated means without permission from Nabo.
- Posting unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on Nabo.
- Unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme.
- Soliciting login information or accessing an account belonging to someone else.
- Uploading of viruses or other malicious code.
- Posting content or taking any action on Nabo that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- Bullying, intimidation or harassment of any user.
- Defamation of any individual.
- Posting content that is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence or hatred; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Offering any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") without prior written consent from Nabo.
- Using Nabo to do anything that is unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Using Nabo as a political or religious platform
- Taking any actions that could disable, burden, or impair the proper working of Nabo, such as a denial of service attack.
- Facilitating or encouraging any violations of this Statement.
- Using our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- Posting anyone's identification information or sensitive financial information on Nabo.
- Breaching another Members privacy or the security of another Members privacy or the security of another Members account.
- Any other conduct that Nabo may determine to be inappropriate.
Nabo uses search filters and other search technology to monitor content with a view to limiting inappropriate Conduct and communications. We cannot guarantee that filters will be able to detect all instances where there may be Inappropriate Conduct and Communications between Members. Members must ensure that their conduct is within the Nabo Code of Conduct guidelines.
Should you allow a third party to use your Nabo login, you understand that we will deem this to be your conduct and you will be responsible for that conduct.
In any case where Nabo determines there has been a breach of the Code of Conduct, or there has been Inappropriate Conduct, we may terminate your Nabo Membership and report this breach to the relevant law enforcement agency.
If you become aware of any breach of the Code of Conduct or members whom you know may harm a Nabo suburb, please report this to your Suburb Lead for review.