If you are having trouble sharing your location on a Safari desktop browser on Mac, please check the following in Safari’s settings.
1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Click the Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. If the padlock icon in the lower left is locked, click it and enter an admin name and password to unlock it.
5. Select Location Services.
6. Check the Enable Location Services checkbox and check the Safari checkbox.
7. Refresh the page (see below) or use the Command⌘+R keyboard shortcut.
Following this you can start the verification process again to use the geo-location option.
Note: If you are using an older version of Safari (Version 7 and lower), you will need to reset all website authorisations in Safari by choosing Reset Safari from the Safari menu. Select the Reset all location warnings option in the Reset Safari window. Don’t select the other checkboxes unless you are sure you want to reset those items as well.
For more information on Location Sharing in Safari, see: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5403