The Local Events Directory has been developed to provide you with a calendar of events taking place in your local area. As a member of Nabo you can create, edit, view, join and share events happening in your neighbourhood with the surrounding suburbs.
Create an event:
1. Sign into your Nabo account.
1. Hover over Local directory in the top menu and select Events.
2. Click on Create an event.
3. Give your event a name, choose a category and location.
4. Select your event type. Is it a one-off event or recurring? Complete the start date and end times.
5. Add a description and cover photo to give people more information about your event.
6. Choose who to promote your event to. In addition to sharing your event with fellow Nabo members you can now also choose to make the event publicly viewable via our www.nabo.com.au/whats-on page.
Events posted on Nabo must adhere to the following guidelines:
No events are to be posted that may be deemed offensive to the community. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Events that promote discrimination because of race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, handicap, sexual orientation or gender
- Events that incite hatred of harm against groups or individuals
- Events that knowingly promote illegal, false or misleading information
Commercial events should not be posted on Nabo. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Special offers
- Happy hours
Whilst we appreciate that the events calendar is attractive to business owners for the above promotions, it is not intended for this use and such events may be taken down.
Recurring community events should generally not be posted unless an individual event offers something beyond regular events.