Unlike other social networks, Nabo is specifically designed to assist residents within one suburb meaningfully connect with other locals that they otherwise may never have met.
Unlike Facebook, Yahoo! or Google Groups we:
- Will not be sharing your details with advertisers or third parties.
- Confirm the addresses of our members to help ensure that people using Nabo are residents of their suburbs.
- Have a neighbourhood directory that links into your neighbours' profiles.
- Have a dynamic suburb map.
- Help you to communicate with your neighbours through either private or public groups.
- Help you to communicate with nearby neighbourhoods through the local suburbs feature.
- Allow members to send urgent alerts via SMS for time critical emergencies.
- Enable authorised local organisations (such as police and emergency services) to send urgent alerts for time critical emergencies.
- Classifieds and free item sections to assist local residents to exchange, find, sell or loan items.
- Member controlled settings so users can select the type of messages they receive and mute other members they no longer want to hear from.
- A recommendations area to assist residents to share and build local knowledge over time.