Nextdoor is a private social network for neighbourhoods. Based in San Francisco, California, US, Nextdoor recently launched in Australia and are in 8 countries around the world including the US, UK, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, France and now Australia.
Nextdoor’s purpose is the same as Nabo’s purpose – building stronger, happier and safer communities.
Their mission:"We created this company because we believe that the neighbourhood is one of the most important and useful communities in a person's life. We hope that neighbours everywhere will use the Nextdoor platform to build stronger and safer neighbourhoods around the world."
- Invest in community
- Put our members first
- Be a good neighbour
- Communicate openly
- Act like an owner
- We are for neighbours
- For neighbourhood barbecues. For multi-family garage sales. For trick-or-treating
- We're for slowing down, children at play.
- We're for sharing a common hedge and an awesome babysitter.
- We're for neighbourhood watch. Emergency response. And for just keeping an eye
out for a lost cat.
- We believe waving hello to the new neighbour says, “Welcome” better than any doormat.
- We believe technology is a powerful tool for making neighbourhoods stronger, safer places
to call home.
- We're all about online chats that lead to more clothesline chats.
- We believe fences are sometimes necessary, but online privacy is always necessary.
- We believe strong neighbourhoods not only improve our property value, they improve
each one of our lives.
- We believe that amazing things can happen by just talking with the people next door.
- We are Nextdoor. We are simply you and your neighbours, together.
To read more about Nextdoor in the News: